FORUM FOR PSYCHIATRY RESIDENTS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Follow Forum_Psych on Twitter
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Statistics
We have 222 registered users
The newest registered user is raheelmemon

Our users have posted a total of 1140 messages in 613 subjects
If you are seeing this, you have attempted to link to the UpToDate widget but are experiencing a problem. Please visit UpToDate for more information.

How do you get a child who is living independently to get the help she needs?

Go down

How do you get a child who is living independently to get the help she needs?  Empty How do you get a child who is living independently to get the help she needs?

Post  Admin Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:30 pm

How do you get a child who is living independently to get the help she needs? -Assurance and honesty are your best weapons. And a little bit of pushing.

Q: My 22-year-old daughter is graduating from college, but has shown signs of mild depression for several years. I convinced her to visit her school's counseling center, where she was told she should continue seeing a therapist, but she felt the experience was too traumatic to continue. She is an intensely private person who has never been able to talk about her feelings. I have managed to "enable" her to at least keep up a fairly normal life by talking to her for hours on the phone and talking her through her occasional panic/anxiety attacks. I just don't know if there is anything else I can do, and I am afraid that entering into adult life will put her over the edge. How do you get your child who is living independently to get the help she needs?

Answer given by Harold S. Koplewicz, MD (President, Child Mind Institute) here:-
Child Mind Institute

How do you get a child who is living independently to get the help she needs?  Child-10
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://psychiatry.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum